It’s elegant, it’s sophisticated and it comes in a beautiful, glamorous emerald-green bottle, that resembles a handbag.
Read my entire Marc Jacobs Decadence Perfume Review to see if this is the right perfume for you (or for that special someone).
For my birthday, amongst other things, I have received three perfumes – one that I already had and is an all time favourite, the Marc Jacobs Decadence perfume that I am reviewing now and a YSL Perfume – Mon Paris – you can find it reviewed here.
Now, before I give you more details about the perfume, I want to mention that Marc Jacobs Decadence came as a surprise, and here are some of the reasons why:
- I have seen the new UK commercial on TV, but I was not tempted by it, as I am not a big fan of Marc Jacobs Perfumes ( I do love the eyewear and bags tho).
- By looking at the bottle (which I think is absolutely beautiful, by the way) – I got the impression that this would be a heavy perfume and I am not a huge fan of heavy perfumes.
- My husband knows my likes and dislikes when it comes to perfumes. He knew that this would not be what I would have gone for and he still got it for me. Played it safe with the other two and took a risk with this one.
The Marc Jacobs Decadence Perfume is an elegant, woody, sharp, modern floral-oriental perfume. It is a strong perfume ( the good kind of strong, not the kind that makes your head hurt), that some people might consider wearing only at night or for an occasion.
If you don’t enjoy sharp,woody, somewhat unisex and elegant perfumes and if you are more into floral perfumes, this one might not be the one for you.
And here is why: its top notes are (dark) plum and iris, but you can definitely feel the Bulgarian Rose and Jasmine Sambac as middle notes and the woody Papyrus base note. You will also feel amber, leather, iris, vanilla, jasmine and some saffron.
If you like what you are reading – you should definitely get it – as the Marc Jacobs Decadence Perfume is a long lasting perfume and will stay with you the entire day. If you don’t like the sound of Papyrus, Jasmine and Bulgarian Rose mixed together – stay away from this one.
Thinking that Decadence might not be the right one for you? Check the ‘Mon Paris’ Perfume by YSL. It might be exactly what you would go for.
Tip: When testing Decadence on your skin, let it sit for about 30 minutes, and only after that, decide if you like it or not.
The Person Wearing It
I can see Decadence being worn by a confident, sophisticated woman with an ‘I’m not bossy, I’m the boss’ attitude. You do need the right type of attitude and confidence to wear this perfume.
She loves details and she has a taste for expensive fabrics. She can rock a Chloe dress but she can also rock a pair of Hunter boots at an outdoor festival.
What I like about Decadence:
- The bottle! The bottle is absolutely gorgeous. Looks great on a nightstand, or a vanity and to be honest, pretty much anywhere you want to place it.
- The scent. I love how this perfume smells on me and on my clothes. It also smells amazing if you are wearing it at the pool. Try it – it’s simply perfect for that.
- It can be worn at a classy event but also at a party.
- It’s the perfect gift for someone that is into its notes – the box, the bottle and everything about this perfume screams ‘elegant and expensive’.
What I don’t like that much about Decadence:
- The bottle is beautiful – but a bit heavy – meaning that I will probably not take it with me when travelling.
- That it does not show its real scent from the beginning. You might realize that you love the perfume, but you have already left the shop, you are on your way home or you have bought something else.
The Marc Jacobs Decadence perfume is mysterious, elegant and sexy. Makes me think of long summer evenings and it gives me a happy feeling, every time I’m wearing it. It is somehow similar to and makes me think of BlackXS, La Vie Est Belle, La Nuit Tresor.