I have visited Paris so many times and, truth is, I never went back home empty-handed.
At first, I had no idea where to shop in Paris, or which are the best (and affordable) french brands, worth buying from.
With time I found out which are the the places worth visiting, in matters of shopping.
If you are visiting Paris, I have put together this list with tips on where to shop in Paris, that will surely come in handy.
Places where you will find multiple shops and international brands:
- Rue de Provence & Boulevard Haussman
Here you will find international brands like Vans, DC, Obey (in Citadium for example) and also brands like Sephora, Geox, Camaieu (at Passage du Havre).
- Printemps, Galleries Lafayette and Rue de la Chaussee D’Antin
Near to Boulevard Haussman you can find both Printemps and Galleries Lafayette, which are definitely a must see.
You will find both international and french brands in the Galleries. Fancy places, worth visiting, even if you don’t have any shopping intentions.
Just cross the Chaussee D’Antin street and you will find yourself on a street full of shops, again, with both french and international brands.
From here, you can make your way, on foot (about 20 minutes, but you won’t get bored, I promise) to Rue Saint Denis.
- Rue Saint Denis
Rue Saint Denis is an interesting street to visit. The shops are lovely, you will find great products there and you will also get to see a bit of the Parisian urban culture.
Waling on the Sain Denis street and browsing shops, will take you to the next point of our journey – Chatelet les Halles.
- Chatelet les Halles
In this area, near Fontane des Innocents, you will find many concept stores, with unique fashion products that are worth visiting. There are also a few nice cafes there, as after all that walk, it’s time to sit down, enjoy Paris, with a coffee and a croissant.
It’s quite easy to make your way from here, to Rue de Rivoli.
- Rue de Rivoli
The boulevard is full of shops like Desigual, Forever21, Also, Swatch, Zara, Pimkie, Celio, Jennyfer, H&M, NAF NAF, Swarovski, MAC, Andre, Claire’s, etc.
- Champs Elysees
Needless to say that the Champs Elysees is a must when visiting Paris.
You will find plenty of shops here as well, both french and international. I recommend you to visit LV, Chanel, Guerlain, etc. because the shops are so lovely on the inside.
While there, don’t just stick to the stores with street front, enter the passages and discover lovely concept stores and french fashion ateliers.
- La Defense
You should visit La Defense, not only for the shops, but for the place itself.
You will mostly find international brands in the ‘Les Quatre Temps’ shopping mall.
Getting here is easy – just take the RER A from Arc de Triomphe Station.
I have also put together a list with some of my favorite fashion French brands.
Some are affordable, some are a bit more expensive, but here it goes:
- Soleil Sucre – french lingerie – I simply love it!
- Morgan – good quality, interesting design, you will find everything from tops to dresses and jewelry.
- Lili Cabas – lovely, colorful and urban hand-made bags.
- Kookai – awesome products, great quality, I love their dresses!
- BizzBee – urban, colorful clothes at affordable prices.
- Bensimon – classy pieces, great quality.
- Monoprix – clothing, lingerie, food, at good prices.
Just in case you are a fan, here are two ideas on Gourmet Food:
- Lafayette Gourmet – you will find this shop in the Lafayette Galleries. Plenty of products and gift ideas to choose from.
- La Grand Epicerie du Bon Marche – you can get here by stopping at the Sevres- Babylone Metro Station. I totally love this shop – if you are looking for french specialties, this shop is a must-visit.
If you are going to Paris and your plan is to shop, you must be aware that you will not find products on sale, unless you are visiting in the sales seasons, which are two, per year.
Winter Sales in Paris – usually from January to February
Summer Sales in Paris – usually from June to August